When you need something different then your typical brown bag sandwich. Seasoned with horseradish and garlic, these sandwiches have a nice bite! To carry one in a brown-bag lunch, keep the filling and bread separate so the bread doesn’t become soggy. Assemble the sandwich just before eating.
Serves: Prep: 13min |Cook: 0min |Total: 13min
- 1/2 cup nonfat mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon prepared horseradish
- 1/2 teaspoon garlic powder
- 1/2 teaspoon ground black pepper
- 2 cups finely chopped cooked turkey breast
- 1/4 cup finely chopped scallions
- 8 slices rye bread
- 1 seedless cucumber, very thinly sliced
In a medium bowl, toss together the mayonnaise, horseradish, garlic powder and pepper. Mix in the turkey and scallions.
Divide the mixture among 4 slices of the bread, spreading it to the edges. Overlap the cucumber slices in an even layer over the turkey. Top with the remaining 4 slices of bread.
Nutritional Facts per serving
This recipe and content was found at www.womenshealthmag.com